The adventurous sports like White River Rafting, Trekking, and Mountain Climbing etc. are becoming more and more popular in India day by day. A decade or two back, a very few people in this country would opt for adventurous sports like mountain climbing and white river rafting. But the scenario is completely different today. Today youth from the Urban as well as from the Rural India prefer to spend their vacations at the places where they can enjoy at least rafting and trekking.
Dandeli is one of the most preferred locations in the country for white water rafting, mountain climbing and trekking. The virgin natural environment of Dandeli, lush green forests and amazing waterfalls make Dandeli a haven for the adventure sports lovers.
Here are 5 most interesting things you need to know about White water rafting in Dandeli:
- The white river rafting you will experience in Dandeli will be altogether a different experience from Rishikesh, Himachal or Manali etc. Once you will board a raft, you will start rafting on calm waters and then being suddenly plunged down by the furious currents that too when you least expect them.
- Your rafting guide will take you to the starting point upstream. You will not be alone, there will be a complete group of rafters like you. You will be provided with a complete set of instructions before you actually start your rafting exercise.
- You have two rafting slots to choose from, one is a 9 km long which lasts for about 4 hours and the one which lasts 2 hours. The second one is set for amateur rafters and the first one for seasoned ones but there is as such no restriction it all depends on the intensity for appetite for adventure.
- Young boys and girls visit Dandeli throughout the year for rafting but the summer season is considered the best for rafting in Dandeli. Dandeli provides you all the facilities required for river rafting.
- And when you raft on a river like Kali, the adventure becomes double. You can raft for all days, you just need to take care that your body doesn’t get dehydrated. So you should keep water and juice with you.
The perks of White river rafting in Dandeli are many. Dandeli is an amazing place for spiritual people. There are several caves in the forests of Dandeli where people worship massive stalagmites and stalactites as Lord Shiva. You will come across a very beautiful waterfall in Dandeli called Nagjhari. It presents a pretty picture. And you can trek through the deep jungles of Dandeli. Birding is one more favourite activity people who book Dandeli tour package enjoy in this riverside town. On the banks of river Kali, you will see Malabar Pied Hornbill and other amazing birds endemic to Dandeli making short flights from one bank of the river to the other.